Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Importance of Photography

Recently I remembered how important pictures and photography are to life. Unfortunately, one of my former students lost his mother a few weeks before Thanksgiving, and I went to the funeral. The place was completely filled with mourners, so I had to stand in the back. From that spot, there wasn't a lot for me to see, but I was able to watch a slide show that was running. There were pictures of the family hugging, celebrating, and overall being happy. That's when it really hit me; this is what they will have left of their mother, the memories. These pictures would bring back the memories of all the times they had together and the things they did. I know personally that my memories fade with time, but the photographs keep the memories strong. It is that thought that really makes me proud of what I do; I don't simply take pictures, I save memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment