Sunday, February 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 16

It's very hard to know if a tutorial is worth your time before you start it. Unfortunately, I have run into several that were a waste. The first two for After Effects didn't work, and the one I just finished didn't really teach me anything useful.

The tutorial focused on writing expressions to control movement. These expressions are pretty much complex/wordy instructions for the program. If I didn't have the guy telling me what to type, I would have been completely lost, which is the first problem. I don't think I will be able to transfer these skills/knowledge to a new project. The second real problem I see with this is that I could have accomplished the same end product in a much quicker way. It might not have been as mathematically correct, but it still would have worked. I could have used position and keyframes to create a dropping action without any coding.

No comments:

Post a Comment