Wednesday, February 23, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 17 Back to Photoshop

I've gotten off the everyday track, but I'm still shooting for a total of 30 days. Life has been pretty busy lately, and I just haven't had the time to work on something every single day.

Today, I went back to photoshop because it's the program I use more than anything. I had fun playing with After Affects, but truthfully, I won't use it very often. I decided to mess around with a maternity photo of my wife. Since she is such an angel, I decided to make her into...an angel.
All I really did with this photo was mess around with brushes. I found a set of wing brushes and used it to create the two wings. I know it's not that realistic looking, but it's more of a mystical look than realistic. I used a soft brush to create directional beams. You have to look closely to see them, but they are there. The last thing I did was mess around with the scattering effect on brushes. I cranked it up, so the brush scattered all the spots. I don't really like the positioning of all of them. I think I would rather have smaller dots and less of them. They stick out too much as is.

Photography wise, I have Misti's bridal portraits coming up. It's going to be awesome. We're going to go to Lacuna Modern Interiors and using some of their fabulous furniture, and I'm going to play with my new Cheetah softbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment