Sunday, February 6, 2011

30 day challenge: Day 6 Jump Knee tuck


Today, I shot the second part of my project. Yesterday, I made the text for the project and today I'm making the content. I decided to go with something near and dear to my heart: P90x. I decided to capture one of the high flying moves from the program.

I got the idea from watching some lighting videos of Joe McNally. He had this amazing athlete flying through the air, and he was getting some great shots. I attempted the same thing except I didn't have an amazing athlete, just me.

I set up all of the lighting gear and had my amazing wife take the shots. I used my DIY softbox as the key light, firing from camera left. Then, I had a bare flash as a kicker coming in from behind me from camera right. The kicker light was gelled red and had a home made flag to keep the light from creating flare.

After shooting, I didn't do much editing. The only real change was darkening the background so I would stick out more. I was really trying to create a dark image like they use on many of the P90x DVDs. I didn't quite get enough drastic change from dark to light, but I'm still happy with a 10 minute shoot.





No comments:

Post a Comment