Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 day challenge: Day 2 Illustrator poster

Day two and I'm already going off a little bit from my original idea. I said I would be learning photoshop, but I decided to try Illustrator. I found an interesting tutorial and decided to go with it. I really don't know much about Illustrator and have used it maybe twice, so this was a good opportunity for me.

First of all, the poster I created is supposed to be funny, not serious. Please don't think that I have negative feelings about parenthood. It's not that at all. I was just following along with the tutorial and there poster was an action film, so I needed an idea that would create suspense. That's what I came up with.


Anyway, I learned how to create skewed image holders and insert images into these frames. I also learned how to create lines and add brush strokes to them. The coolest part was adding a texture to the text through a mask. The original text was just plain red, but then I found a texture image and applied it to the words. Neat stuff.

I could have done the same thing in photoshop, but it would have been done differently and then I wouldn't have had a chance to experiment with a new program.

No comments:

Post a Comment